Super Bowl 2022 Smoked Brisket Flats
We use Certified Angus Beef® brisket prepared Texas style. Simply prepared by rubbing with sea salt and black pepper.
Texas style is so much more than just the simple rub, it is a process that takes mastering to produce the proper smoke ring, right level of moisture that results in that mouth watering brisket that we feel no other technique even comes close to.
We rub and let dry marinade our briskets overnight and then smoke at around 235 degrees consistently in our pit for 12-14 hours. We use post oak wood and a little bit of mesquite for extra flavor. Once the “stall” kicks in and moves a bit, we wrap them in pink butcher paper and finish them.
This is heaven sent, true Texas brisket.
Includes a bottle of our BBQ Sauce!
Planning your Meal
These briskets after smoking weight between 4.5 and 7 lbs and the price is based on the weight multiplied by $22.00 a lb.
When planning how many briskets you need, assume that each person will be 6-8 ounces with all of the other traditional fixings for the holiday. If you are planning on the brisket being a centerpiece, assume 10 ounces per person and real brisket lovers can eat a pound!
Remember you are REHEATING, it is already perfectly cooked and smoked :)
- Heat the oven to 275.
- Rip a piece of foil that is big enough to cover the brisket.
- Put the brisket fat side up in the middle of the foil.
- Gather up the foil and pack it around brisket and leave a 1" x 4" vent open on the top.
- Put on a pan that catches any fat if the foil breaks.
- It will take 1.5 hours or so to heat up. Use a thermometer (140-145 degrees fahrenheit) or poke a small knife in the middle and feel the tip with your lips, if it is warm, it is ready. It is fully cooked and remember you just want to reheat!
- Pink Pig BBQ Sauce is more spicy now, so put it on the brisket slices as you eat it.
- You want to cut the slices horizontal. Looking down on the brisket, turn it lengthwise facing you.
- Cut the slices the width of a #2 pencil.
- Serve immediately or slice when eating. Do not let it dry out!